Last Updated on
Are you looking for a quick weeknight dinner that is easy and yummy? Then try my enchilada bake! It is very easy to modify so you can change it every time and is great for leftovers! It’s an excellent way to use leftover grilled chicken from a previous night’s dinner so it doesn’t go to waste. The instructions are fairly loose for the Enchilada Bake because it’s pretty hard to mess up and you can make it how you prefer.
(This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on these do not cost you anything extra but I may earn a little commission. I personally believe in these recommendations.)
- 1 large can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
- Chopped cooked chicken (If it is marinated make sure it goes well with enchilada flavors
- Optional ingredients: Canned corn, sliced olives, green chilis, jalapenos, etc.
Pyrex makes an excellent glass casserole dish that I use for meals like this all the time.
- I first warmed the oven to 375 and got out a casserole dish.
- Then I poured some of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Next, I tore up flour tortillas and placed them in the sauce.
- Next, I spread some refried beans and chopped up chicken on the tortillas.
- This time, I also decided to add some canned whole kernel corn and sliced black olives.
- I then spread shredded cheese and some more enchilada sauce on top.
- Next, I repeated another layer of torn up tortillas, refried beans, chicken, corn, olives and cheese.
- I poured more sauce on top plus more torn up tortillas.
- Gently, I patted the tortillas down so the sauce came up over them on top.
- Lastly, I sprinkled with more cheese and put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
I managed to get this made in about 15-20 minutes while trying to keep a close eye on my 18-month-old who loves to get into everything right now!
Let me know if you try it and whether your kids (if you have some) will eat it. Mine wouldn’t touch it, but my husband and I loved it!! It’s a great way to use leftover chicken.
For another great family-friendly weeknight dinner check out my post for Spaghetti Pie!
If any of your dinners don’t work out the way you planned and you need to get some take-out, check out Door Dash!