Turkey Tacos are one of our go-to dinners, especially for busy weeknights. They are quick, easy and delicious. You can keep them very simple or add a bunch of toppings and make them more elaborate. The turkey tacos can even turn into turkey burritos if you choose to. We usually have enough leftover for a lunch or two during the week as well which makes this Mama’s life a little easier.
(This post contains affiliate links. Clicking on these does not cost you anything extra but if you purchase something I might earn a small commission.)
One of the main reasons we love this turkey tacos recipe so much is because it is quick and doesn’t take a ton of ingredients. You can also make it in smaller or bigger batches very easily. It’s also a healthier alternative to standard beef tacos. This recipe can easily be made with beef though if you prefer. I have done that many times as well. This is one of my preferred recipes for dinner. I especially like making it when we have guests over because I can increase the amount very easily.
Related Post: For another easy weeknight dinner, check out my Enchilada Bake where you can use leftover chicken.
Turkey Taco Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2-3 pounds of Ground Turkey meat
- 2-3 Taco seasoning packets (1 packet per lb. of meat is recommended but I usually just do 2 packets for 3 pounds of meat)
- Tacos shells or tortillas
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- Taco toppings of your choice
Taco Topping options:
- Homemade refried black beans (that is what I have pictured)
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Black Olives
- Salsa Verde sauce
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the chopped onions over medium-high heat until they are translucent
- Add the turkey meat and saute until cooked through
- Drain any excess liquid
- Add taco seasoning packets and about 1/4 cup of water per taco seasoning packet. It’s better to start with less and add more if you need it to help mix the seasoning.
- Mix well to evenly season the turkey
- Start building your taco with as many amazing toppings as you want and enjoy your turkey taco experience!
Some recommended items to help with your taco experience:
Related Post: The Best Bean Dip for parties